Friday, May 21, 2010

Pale is the new tan...


Photo credit: Allure Magazine

Or--it should be.

Back in high school is when I started tanning in a bed, the almost immediate results really blew me away and it gave me this burst of self confidence! I tanned indoors and out from 15 years old until 23. I'm 26 now. I'm what you'd call a recovering tanorexic, tanaholic or whatever new cute nicknames they may say. Thing is, it wasn't cute. Naturally I have milky white skin, which now as a makeup artist I'm in love with! But before I felt hideous unless my skin was dark. Especially since I have dark hair and eyes. My love for dark skin still stands true, it's beautiful and to any of you ladies out there I'm envious! But it was time for me to step out of the bed, off my lawn covered in tanning oil and put on some SPF. Preparing for a vacation a couple years back my desire to look more west Indian than french Canadian resulted in severe sun damage. I won't get into gory details but.....let's just say I've spent some $$$$ on anti aging products and color correcting primer. Ahem. Since I've vowed to be SMART about sun, and healthy about my skin. Thought I was the only one at first but slowly I started noticing Hollywood ladies like Bryce Dallas Howard, Zooey Deschanel, Kristen Bell, Amanda Seyfried, Rachel Mcadams, Ann Hathway, Christina Hendricks and new to the club Megan Fox look amazing rocking it Au Naturale. What are your plans for this summer?

Looking to stay protected?? Even a lil'?? My Favorite SPF products!!

Aveeno - Baby continuous protection sunblock lotion - I know it says baby, but... I love this product. First off it's SPF55!!! Which means it blocks out over 98% of all incoming UVB rays. Use a generous amount and work it in well.

Josie Maran - Argan Protect SPF 40+ Natural Daily Sun Protection: Whoa...a mouthful. With a name like that it has to be worth something, right? Correct. This is the ONLY product I know of that can serve as a sunblock and makeup primer, while improving your complexion and reversing damage that's already done. Consider the days of white sunblock masked noses over...

Dior- Diorskin Nude Glow Hydrating Makeup SPF10: This is my FAVORITE foundation of all time. It gives you an airbrush quality base, has a little bit of dew to it, and you don't NEED to put a moisturizer underneath as this is a hydrating product.

DuWop Revolotion SPF15: No one at the beach has to know you're cheating. You can mix this with a little body lotion the night before to achieve natural healthy glow. Feel free to also apply it during the day for a little shimmery bronze and to benefit from it's SPF15.

Shiseido Sun Protecting Lip Treatment SPF 36: Don't forget your kisser! This is pretty much sunblock for your lips, and it moisturizes amazingly. ALSO, big plus: Buying this product or any other "skincare challenge item" over $20 earn you a credit. Every 4 credits gets a FREE featured reward. Check out the program!

Pair these skin saviors with your favorite sunglasses, and maybe even a cute hat and you're golden, figuratively speaking. :)


What do YOU use to protect your skin during the year????

Check out Megan Fox dissing tanning in the June issue of ALLURE, out May 25th.
For more information skin cancer-or protecting your skin visit SkinCancer.org

No comments:

Post a Comment