Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Beauty-book-buy of the week


“It is said that no star is a heroine to her makeup artist

- Richard Corliss

It's that time of the week again! Another great book to check out, by a great makeup artist.

I'm a huge Bobbi Brown fan, she's a beauty pioneer who made it possible for women to look amazing without slapping on the makeup with a kitchen spatula! In fact I remember passing her books in Barnes & Nobles when I was in high school and flipping through the pages in complete awe, it's where I first learned of my passion for makeup, and the reason why i wanted to pursue it. This book is a favorite because it gives you a new fresh take on application and technique in addition to helpful tips for the trickiest times. Such as days where you may feel a little frumpy, makeup during pregnancy, and an overall "honest approach" on how to make others, or yourself look best naturally. Also, a great read for anyone a little fuzzy on how to correctly wear foundation! She's an influence to me, and I know she would be one for you if she isn't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment