It's long since the days I jumped in a pool and swam around pretending I was a mermaid. I always thought they were so enchanting. That's why I can't contain my excitement for the new
mermaid trends that surround us. Regardless if you want to tease up your day to day look, or want a fresh and sultry new idea for Halloween next month, these options are both fun, and stylish.
"Dress" the part! From walking down the aisle, or
the red carpet, various mermaid shapes, and colors are all over and sexier than ever! Flaunt those hips!
For a more casual idea, top off a jeans and T-Shirt look with a Crochet Leaf Scarf. A hot new look, also sort of fitting our theme resembling seaweed! Bakers-Purple/black/gold- $15
1. This polish may be technically "out of season" but you can't deny that it's gorgeous! Perhaps you're a warm weather fanatic, this just could be the way to brighten up the upcoming colder months, put some summer on your nails!
Sephora by O.P.I- Mermaid Collection- in "mail order mermaid" $9
2. This quad embodies fantasy. Put a little blue on using the purple as your accent shade. Experiment. But remember, when using blues there's a fine line between come hither color and Mimi Bobeck.
DIOR -5 color iridescent eyeshadow - in "electric lights" $56
3. If you're not the type for colorful shadow, then be a little daring by putting on only a dash of this eyeliner and some black volumizing mascara.
Make Up For Ever - Aqua eyes- "Blue With Green Highlights 12L" $17
4. Every mermaid's complexion has a rosy dew to it. Being pink and creamy this does the trick. Packed with two colors for contouring, and highlighting. This duo is a sexy combination of sheer pink, and pink champagne with shimmer.
Nars The Multiple Duo in "Maldives/Riviera" $45
5. This gloss so girly, and sweet. Perfect to top your makeup off!
NARS- Lip Gloss- in "Turkish Delight" $24
Lastly, with this trend hair is where it's at.
1. Long waves - When adding curl it's helpful for the hair to not be perfectly clean, so try this do' out on a day where you don't wash your locks. Take a large barrel curling iron, and starting a little off of the bottom curl up to about 3 inches from your roots, leave for a moment then spray. After it settles shake your hair out, or gently run your fingers through it.
2. Mermaid Braids- Two small front braids met in the back, one braid wrapped around your head, One fish tail, or a french braid framing one side of your face. I love this look! Braids are a little tricky if you don't know how. I've found detailed pictures on "how to's" very helpful. I suggest starting off with the "fish tail" or "fish bone" braid. They look intricate and complicated but i find them easier to weave than a french braid!
3. Brunettes to Blonde: Do blondes really have more fun? More celebrities are rocking this look than ever. Perfect for a glamorous little sea nymph! I'm a brunette myself, so this isn't really my favorite fad (traitors! haha) but if you MUST make sure you get it done professionally or i can promise you that your head will resemble a pumpkin rather than Darryl Hannah!